Daniel Mesick, Principal
740 Rose Ave. W, St Paul, MN 55117
(651) 293-8800 | Get Directions
Teacher: Ms. Meister
Course Description: You will be responsible for designing and producing the yearbook from start to finish. Expect to work hard, have fun, and be proud of your finished product. This is NOT a class where dead weight is allowed or tolerated.
If you use a yearbook camera or other equipment, you must keep it completely in your own possession and return it promptly the following day. If equipment is lost or damaged, student is responsible for replacement costs.
A = 100-90%
B = 89-80%
C = 79-70%
D = 69-60
Tentative Major Due Dates
· Deadline 1 due around Dec. 1st
· Deadline 2 due around Feb. 1st
· Deadline 3 due around mid-March
· Deadline 4 due Monday after spring break
· Photo Assignments: variable depending on assignment
Page completion and quality – 50%
· on-time completion
· number of changes needed at the editing process
· misrepresentation policy – any misspelled name, misidentified photo, or misquote on a page results in the automatic loss of one letter grade for the page in question
· “over-used” students on your page will also result in the loss of a letter grade
Photo Assignments – 40% Students will asked to complete at least TWO out-of-school photo assignments per semester. These out-of-school assignments usually involve taking photos at sporting events or activities, selling yearbooks, etc., and require approximately two hours of time per assignment.
· On-time completion
· Variety of shots (angles, people, number, activity)
· Properly named
· Uploaded to the site
Class Assignments -10% Other smaller assignments will be given in class – points and due dates will be announced well in advance so students can adequately complete them in the allotted time.
Late Work Policy
Because yearbook is a production class, all deadlines must be met. Late work is not an option. If deadlines are missed it interferes with when we get the yearbooks, and it costs the school money. You lose one letter grade per day late on all pages and photos assigned to you. Any extensions MUST be pre-approved.
Daniel Mesick, Principal | 740 Rose Ave W, St Paul, MN 55117 | (651) 293-8800 | Get Directions
Grades: 9-12 Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fax: (651) 293-8806