Academy of Finance
The Academy of Finance
Academy of Finance (AOF) is a small learning community that offers high school students an opportunity to study all areas of business in preparing for college and/or a professional setting.
- AOF requires students to take certain courses through their 4 years at Como Park Senior High School. (please see link of the AOF course planning catalog)
- If an A or B has been maintained in the AOF courses, students will be eligible to receive 16 college credits at St Paul College.
- Students in good standing will then have the opportunity to receive an internship in their junior or senior year.
- Students work with professional mentors each year and work on a projects/case studies in each of the business classes.
- Students have many opportunities to partake in: mock interviews, site visits, guest speakers, different competitions and a lot of networking.
- We have many partners including Travelers, CFA Society, BWBR, Wells Fargo, Xcel Energy, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, My Digital Ladder, Hiway Federal Credit Union, Bank Cherokee, Right Track, St Paul Public Schools Finance Department, City of St Paul Finance Department, Topline Federal Credit Union, Best Prep and Junior Achievement (see videos below).